11 gallons dwarf sp. aquarium

This aquarium houses dwarf species, like fish, shrimps and snails (excluding plant sp.). As well as that it's a home of diverse micro life forms, including algae, fungus, microorganisms and bacteria.

8/13/2006

14th day; 1-1.5 cm long shrimps

Toady a realised that I probably have more than one female. They are more red today as they settled down. All 10 of my Red Cherrys are active in search for food, and picking up "things" from stones and plants. Just in a case that they were starved in the LFS, I fed them with a very small piece of the HIKARY Algae Wafers, which they seem to like. My plan is to feed them with algae wafers two to three times a week. I am not sure should I feed them with other food types in between. I would rather have them eat the algae and the microorganisms that are growing inside the tank.
The Oak leaves fit very good into this aquascape of mine. I will probably add some more. The Java Moss is providing lots of shelter places for the baby shrimp to hide in. Today I measured the shrimps and they are between 1-1.5cm in length. They are still very young.
Water pH is 7.8 with hardness of KH 5. Temperature is at 26'C. These water parameters should favour breeding conditions. I measured for nitrIte today and it is on 0ppm.
I made a bit better photos today, but still far from satisfying :-(

Photos by Dusko Bojic.