11 gallons dwarf sp. aquarium

This aquarium houses dwarf species, like fish, shrimps and snails (excluding plant sp.). As well as that it's a home of diverse micro life forms, including algae, fungus, microorganisms and bacteria.

9/29/2006

Good news-bad news-great news

The good news is one of the Cherry shrimps is carrying eggs, which was a pleasure to see.
The bad news is that the same female dropped the eggs the same day :-( and I still don't have a clue what is causing this problem. On the photo one can see the female dropping the eggs, but she left a few. I hope they stay in the pleopods and become baby's soon.
And just before I decided to post the photos above, I looked at the aquarium and saw one of the female Cherrys feeding on the power head...but that wasn't all !!! I had to get closer to the tank, because I had a feeling something tiny was moving beside that shrimp... SHOCK !!! I had a feeling it was some kind of worm or something but not a tiny baby Cherry shrimp!!! Yes it was a baby shrimp, behaving the same way as the adults do, AMAZING !!! I am so pleased with this news. I don't know how this is possible since I am observing them daily. The first carrying female must have left a few eggs that I wasn't aware of. This is a great proof that my only one male is performing good !!! BTW, the miniature shrimp is approx 3mm long. To see the Red Cherry shrimplet video click here.

Photos by Dusko Bojic.